Road Driver, Full-timeSyracuse, NY
ABF Freight, an ArcBest company, is an exceptional company where driven people have rewarding careers. Our pace of expansion means we're looking for people with The Skill & The Will to serve customers who depend on us for customized transportation and logistics solutions.It's more than a job; it's a career.
Road Drivers are responsible for the pickup and delivery of cargo trailers to and from various long-distance destinations.
General Description of Duties:
* Coupling and uncoupling trailers from one another and from the tractor.
* Driving for an extended period of time.
* Performing various tasks ranging from check-in, tractor/trailer inspection, tractor set up and the pickup and delivery of cargo.
* Actual duties and schedule may vary depending on terminal location.
* Minimum 21 years of age.
* Have 1 year of verifiable tractor/trailer experience (Candidates with less than 1-year experience may be eligible for training).
* Have a Class-A CDL with doubles/triples, tanker and hazardous materials endorsements.
* Have a good stable work record.
* Have a safe driving record (from MVR and previous employment).
* Be able to pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and meet DOT medical requirements.
* Road Tractors average less than 18 months in age.
* Fully air-conditioned equipment.
* Tractors equipped with power steering.
* Preventive Maintenance Program for all ABF equipment.
* Wages - Teamster Union Scale with over-the-road mileage rate.
* Retirement - Provided through multi-employer pension fund.
* Excellent pension and health benefits for retirees.
* Life Insurance - Provided through multi-employer sponsored health and welfare fund.
* Sick Pay - 5 days per calendar year.
* Vacation - Up to 6 weeks' vacation for 30 years of service.
* 401K - Company sponsored program.
* Medical - Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage with no out-of-pocket premium cost to employees.
Questions about this position? Email us at email@example.com!
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8717. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability.
About ABF Freight
When you become an ABF Freight employee, you'll join a group of passionate, hard-working individuals who take pride in their careers and their company. Since 1923, we've come together to make a difference for each other and for our customers, and we've always believed in doing things right the first time. This dedication has created a strong sense of pride throughout the organization, and we can't wait to share that feeling with you.