Local Class C Driver / Forklift Operator, Full-timeSan Jose, CA
This is your chance to start your career with the ABF Freight Team!
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Pickup and delivery of cargo to and from various destinations usually within proximity of the consolidation/distribution center
* Loading and unloading of trailers utilizing the same techniques, technology and procedures as a dock worker
* Actual duties and schedule may vary depending on terminal location
* Our drivers should be at least 18 years old.
* We are looking for applicants with a minimum of a Class C, State Issued Driver?s License.
* We are looking for drivers with a stable work record and strong work ethic to add to our exceptional team.
* Safe driving records (MVR as well as previous employers) are required for our employees.
* All drivers must pass a pre-employment drug screen and meet DOT medical requirements.
* Make more money! Wages are Teamster Union Scale which are greater than most other carriers! Non-CDL City Drivers also receive overtime pay after 8 hours/day.
* Be Home more often! Home time for ABF Freight drivers far exceeds that of other drivers within the truckload industry.
* Vast majority of ABF Freight local driving jobs are Monday through Friday.
* All drivers receive health and welfare benefits with no employee paid premiums.
* Each employee receives 5 days of sick leave each January 1st. With the amount of personal days, sick leave, and paid holidays, an employee may qualify for up to 3 weeks of paid days off without using vacation.
* Life insurance is provided through the multi-employer sponsored health and welfare fund.
* Employees are given the opportunity to contribute to a company sponsored 401(k).
* ABF Freight employees are covered by a pension plan at no expense to the employee.
* Drivers participate in a profit sharing program with option to purchase company stock through a stock purchase plan.
Questions about this position? Contact us at email@example.com!
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8717. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability.
About ABF Freight
When you become an ABF Freight employee, you'll join a group of passionate, hard-working individuals who take pride in their careers and their company. Since 1923, we've come together to make a difference for each other and for our customers, and we've always believed in doing things right the first time. This dedication has created a strong sense of pride throughout the organization, and we can't wait to share that feeling with you.