ABF Driver Development Program - CityAuburn Hills, MI
ABF Freight, an ArcBest company, is an exceptional company where driven people have rewarding careers. Our pace of expansion means we're looking for people with?The Skill & The Will?to serve customers who depend on us for customized transportation and logistics solutions.?
It's more than a job; it's a career.
General Description of Duties:
This position involves attending an ABF Freight approved Driver Training School.
Upon proper completion of the program, attendees will perform the functions of a Checker/Driver Combined Dock/P&D employee.
Qualifications: * Minimum 21 years of age.
* Class A CDL Permit, required
* Be able to obtain a Class A CDL with doubles/triples, tanker and hazardous materials endorsements.
* Have a good stable work record.
* Have a safe driving record (from MVR and previous employment).
* Be able to pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and meet DOT medical requirements.
(Benefits eligible upon completion of the program and acceptance of a full-time position, waiting period may apply).
* Make more money! Wages are Teamster Union Scale which are greater than most other carriers!
* Be Home more often! Home time for ABF Freight drivers far exceeds that of other drivers within the truckload industry.
* Vast majority of ABF Freight local driving jobs are Monday through Friday.
* All drivers receive health and welfare benefits with no employee paid premiums.
* Each employee receives 5 days of sick leave each January 1st. With the amount of personal days, sick leave, and paid holidays, an employee may qualify for up to 3 weeks of paid days off without using vacation.
* Life insurance is provided through the multi-employer sponsored health and welfare fund.
* Employees are given the opportunity to contribute to a company sponsored 401(k).
* ABF Freight employees are covered by a pension plan at no expense to the employee.
* Drivers participate in a profit-sharing program with option to purchase company stock through a stock purchase plan.
* Fully air-conditioned equipment.
* Tractors equipped with power steering.
* Preventive Maintenance Program for all ABF equipment.
Questions about this position? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call us at (479) 785-8717. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability.
About ABF Freight
When you become an ABF Freight employee, you'll join a group of passionate, hard-working individuals who take pride in their careers and their company. Since 1923, we've come together to make a difference for each other and for our customers, and we've always believed in doing things right the first time. This dedication has created a strong sense of pride throughout the organization, and we can't wait to share that feeling with you.