This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for drive18wheeler.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information We Collect
Personal Information, also known as “Personal Data,” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you. We collect various types of Personal Information when you interact with our Website:
- Our Website allows you to apply for truck driving jobs with various employers (“jobs”). In order to apply for jobs through the Website, we will require you to register with us and create a user profile. We will ask you to provide certain information relevant to your job search when you register with us or apply for jobs, including your name, date of birth, location information (such as your ZIP code), license status, trucking experience, military service history, and other relevant information.
- At times, we may require you to provide certain Personal Information when you use certain parts of our Website or to fulfill your request with us – for instance, we may require you to provide or use your email address or other contact information when you contact us with a question or comment, so that we can respond to you.
Generic Information is information that does not directly reveal the identity of a customer or a visitor to the Website.
How We Collect Your Information
Information You Give to Us
We collect certain information that you share with us. As noted above, sometimes this is information that we require in order for you to use our Website. For instance, when you apply for a job through the Website, you will need to provide information relevant to your qualifications and work experience as outlined above. In addition, we collect information that you voluntarily provide through your use of the Website or contact us via email or direct message with questions, feedback, or comments about our Website or other Services.
- Device Information: As noted above, we may collect certain information related to the device that you use to log into, access, and use the Website.
- Aggregate Information: We may use other aggregate information in relation to how you use our Website.
The Website may collect certain information when you browse the Website and request pages from our servers. When you request a page from our Website, our servers log the information provided in the HTTP request header including the IP address, the time of the request, the URL of your request and other information that is provided in the HTTP header. We collect the HTTP request header information in order to make our website function correctly and provide you the functionality that you see on the Website. We also use this and other information to personalize content presented to you on the Website, better understand how visitors use our Website and how we can better tune their content and functionality to meet your needs. Although this information may at times include your IP address, this information, by itself, will typically not identify you. However, if you access the Website from a link in an email that we sent you, we may identify you based on the information you previously supplied to us.
Session and First Party Cookies
The types of cookies that we use are referred to as “session” cookies and “first party” cookies. Session cookies are temporary and are automatically deleted once you close your Internet browser. First Party cookies remain on your computer hard drive until you delete them or until they are otherwise removed upon expiration.
Third Party Cookies
We may gather information about you automatically through your use of the Website, e.g., your IP address and how you navigate the Website. We may collect information by automated means, including technologies such as pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs, and web beacons. We use this information to better understand, customize, and improve user experience with our Website as well as to manage our advertising.
Your Cookie Choices
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages.
We collect many different types of information from other technologies to improve the quality of our Website. For example, we may collect information about the device you use to access our Website, your operating system and/or mobile device type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. We may record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to your Personal Information. For example, we use the information we collect about all website users to optimize our Website and to understand website traffic patterns. We may aggregate the data about visitors to our Website and use it to improve the quality of our Website. If we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information, then it will become “Personal Information” and will be protected as described above.
Information We Obtain From Third Parties
We may allow you to access our Website using accounts you created with third party services, like Facebook (“Third Party Service Accounts”). If you choose to access our Website through Third Party Service Accounts, these services may share certain information about you with us.
How We Use Your Information
We also use the information you provide or information we collect and/or aggregate to understand and analyze the usage trends, interests, and preferences of our users, and to improve the way the Website looks and works. We may also use this information to create helpful new features and functionality.
We may also use your information and “cookies” information to:
- personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website
- provide customized third-party advertisements, content, information, and email messages;
- monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our marketing activities (including related third-party marketing activities); and
- monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.
We may also process your Personal Information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. For instance, if you provide your email address to us, we may use your email address or other Personal Information to send you emails related to the Website, special offers and promotions, and other content or materials we think you may be interested in. Additionally, if you choose to provide us your phone number when you register with our Website in order to apply for Truck Driving Jobs, we may send you text alerts about job opportunities with employers we think are relevant or of interest to you. However, you will have the ability to “opt-out” of receiving such communications from us in the future through links provided in the messages, by sending an email to , or by following the prompts on the text alert and requesting to opt-out of receiving further communications.
How We Disclose or Share Your Information
Third Party Service Providers
Truck Driving Jobs: When you apply for Truck Driving Jobs through various sections of the Website, we will disclose your related Personal Information to those employers whose listed jobs you choose to apply for.
Co-Sponsors & Partners: From time to time, we may partner with other organizations or companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded promotions, services, or events and may share your Personal Information with our co-sponsor(s) and partners.
Website Development: We may also work with third party service providers to provide website development, hosting, and maintenance as well as other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to us, these third parties may access or process your Personal Information.
We may also disclose your information when there is a good faith belief that such action is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activities to
International Visitors and Transfers of Your Information
The Website is hosted in and intended for visitors located within the United States. While the Website is generally available outside the United States, we do not directly market to or provide any other Services to individuals beyond the United States. Laws governing data collection and use in other regions of the world may differ from U.S. law. If you are visiting this Website from a country other than the United States, the various communications you send and receive will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries to the United States. This includes transmissions containing your Personal Information.
If you are located in the European Union and choose to provide us information about you, you should be aware that information you provide or which is otherwise collected on the Website or through any services rendered may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws deemed as adequate as those in the European Union.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Your Privacy Rights
- to have access to your Personal Information upon simple request – that is, you may receive a copy of such data upon request, unless for example, such data is made directly available to you within your personal account;
- to have access upon simple request, and free of charge, the categories and names of addresses of third parties that have received Personal Information for direct marketing purposes;
- to obtain a list of the categories of Personal Information collected about you, sold to third parties, or disclosed to third parties for business purposes, and a list of categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold to or disclosed to for business purposes;
- to correct your Personal Information if you find it is inaccurate, incomplete or obsolete;
- to obtain the deletion of your Personal Information in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law (the “right to be forgotten”).
- to withdraw your consent to the data processing without affecting the lawfulness of processing, where your Personal Information has been collected and processed on the basis of your consent;
- to object to the processing of your Personal Information under certain circumstances, in which case we may ask you to justify your request by explaining to us your particular situation;
- to request limits to the processing of your data, when allowed by and in circumstances set forth under applicable law;
- to have your Personal Information directly transferred by us to a third-party processor of your choice (where technically feasible and when processing is based on your consent); and
- to non-discrimination, as defined under relevant law, in the Services or quality of Services you receive from us for exercising your rights.
Under certain laws, you may also have the right to “opt-out” of having your Personal Information sold to a third party. This right to “opt-out” does not include the case of a merger, sale, financing, acquisition, or other transaction involving all or part of drive18wheeler.com.
For deletion, or “right to be forgotten” requests, we will undertake a good faith effort to accommodate requests for access to or deletion of personal information. However, these requests may be subject to the evaluation of additional factors, including disproportionate burden or expense, or the risk to the rights, including the privacy rights of others.
We will strive and work to resolve any inquiry you may have regarding our privacy practices. If you have any questions about these rights, would like to exercise any of these rights, or if you need any assistance with privacy related matters, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below. We will take the necessary steps to respond to you as soon as possible.
Your Choices on Collection and Use of Information
Regarding the collection of Generic Information, as described above, you also have the ability to change your browser and device cookie settings to limit this collection.
Updating and Correcting Your Information
As we mentioned above, you may access, update, or delete your Personal Information stored by
Protecting Your Information
While we strive to make your information as secure as possible, no transmission system or data network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. By using our Website, you acknowledge that there are data security and privacy limitations inherent to the use of the Internet.
Special Offers and Promotions
As noted above, we may send you emails about offers and special promotions. It is our intention to only send you email communications that will be useful to you and that you want to receive. We may use third party email service providers to send emails.
We provide you the ability to define and modify your mailing preferences at any time, including unsubscribing from all marketing communications. In addition, every time you receive an email you will be provided the choice to opt-out of future emails by following the instructions provided in the email.
We may also sell, lease, rent, or otherwise provide your email address to advertisers and third-party marketers to provide offers and special promotions that we think will be of interest to you.
Do Not Track
Your browser and other mechanisms may permit you to send do-not-track signals or other similar signals to express your preferences regarding online tracking. However, because there is not yet a defined response to do-not-track requests, our Website does not respond to your browser’s do-not-track request. As noted above, third parties such as our advertising partners may collect data that relates to you. We cannot control third parties’ responses to do-not-track signals or other such mechanisms. Third parties’ use of data relating to you and responsiveness to do-not-track signals is governed by their respective privacy policies.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, in addition to the rights set forth above. Under California law, you have the right to send us a request at the designated address listed below to receive the following information:
- If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, in addition to the rights set forth above. Under California law, you have the right to send us a request at the designated address listed below to receive the following information:
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and
- if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, and attest to the fact that you are a California resident. Please also provide a current California address for our response. You may make this request in writing to us at the below address. Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description, and include your name, street address, city, state and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the address provided for this purpose below.
Note that responsive information may be provided in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these information requests is email@example.com
How to Contact Us
Acceptance of Terms
We’re thrilled that you chose to use our website to help you apply for employment with various trucking companies (“Truck Driving Jobs”), and otherwise celebrate the American trucking profession.
Description of Services
Please note that all features, content, and specifications of our Website are subject to change without notice.
While we strive to ensure that our Service is complete, accurate, and current, some information provided may sometimes be inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date. We make no representation regarding the completeness or accuracy of any Services, or other information, content, advice, or recommendations made through the Website. We also do not make any representations or warranties regarding the quality or safety of any products or Services, or third-party products or services offered or made available.
Registration with drive18wheeler.com
All information that you are required to provide at registration must be current, complete, and accurate. You are also responsible for ensuring that your account information is timely updated if it ever changes. In addition, you must keep and are responsible for keeping your sensitive information – like your account password – confidential. Please contact us immediately if you think your account has been compromised.
In using the Services, you agree that:
- You are permitted to create only one account for yourself, and you will not create more than one account for your individual use.
- You will not, without our express permission, create another account for yourself if we have disabled or otherwise restricted your account.
- You will not buy, sell, rent, or lease access to your account in any way.
- You will not share your account’s login credentials (for example, your account password, or your email address and password reset/security question) with others.
- You will access the Website through only those means authorized by drive18wheeler.com
Your Use of Our Services
By using the Services, you agree that:
- You will not use the Website for any purpose that is illegal or otherwise prohibited by these Terms.
- You will not use any automated means – such as any robot, spider, etc. – to access the Services or extract other users’ submitted content or information.
- You will not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Website.
- You will not reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of the Website.
- You will not use or develop any third-party applications to interact with the Website or other users’ content or information, unless you have our written consent.
- You will not use the Website in a way that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or inhibit other users.
- You will not use the Website in a way that could damage, overburden, or impair the functioning of the Services.
- You will not solicit other users’ login credentials.
- You will not create an account using the name of another person or otherwise use the Services with the intent of impersonating the other person, or create an account using any name that is offensive, vulgar, or obscene.
- You will not post content that is offensive or that contains pornography, graphic violence, threats, hate speech, or incites violence, or promotes any unlawful activity.
- You will not use the Services to harass, abuse, defame, stalk, or threaten others, including other users.
- You will not compromise the security of the Services, including but not limited to uploading viruses or other malicious code.
- You will access only those areas or features of the Services that we have authorized you to access, and you will not attempt to access any areas or features that you are not authorized to access.
- You will not probe, scan, or test the security or vulnerability of our Services.
- You will not use the Services to send unsolicited or spam emails or messages to other users.
- You will not engage in any activity that violates these Terms, and you will not encourage any acts that violate these Terms.
Additionally, when you create an account with us and apply for Truck Driving Jobs, we may ask you for your telephone number. We use your telephone number to help you look for and find Truck Driving Jobs that may be of interest to you or meet your qualifications. Such use may include sending you voice and text messages related to job opportunities, or Truck Driving Jobs you have already applied to. Such voice and text messages are informational in nature, and are not advertisements for any goods, services, property, or investments. When you provide us with your phone number, you consent to us contacting you sending you voice and text messages related to Truck Driving Jobs. We may use autodialing and “robotexts” as part of this process. If you do not agree, do not provide us with your phone number.
Information You Share
There may be times when we ask you for your Personal Information in order to facilitate other certain Services – for instance, when you contact us with a question or request technical assistance with your account, we may ask for your contact information so that we can contact you further if needed.
The information, photos, text, graphics, videos, tools, images, and all other content and materials (“Content”) provided by or made available through the Website is owned or licensed by drive18wheeler.com
We respect the intellectual property rights of others – including copyrights – and prohibit our users from using our Website in a way that violates those rights. As noted above, some of the content available through our Services comes from third parties. All other content, trademarks and copyrights that appear through our Services are the property of their respective owners. You agree that you will not use the Services in a way that violates or infringes upon someone else’s rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights.
You may not use the Content, Marks, or Services, or the content of others, in ways that are not authorized by these Terms. We may terminate your account or otherwise prohibit you from using our Services if we believe that you are violating the intellectual property rights of others in your use of our Website.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website, including material you provide in connection with your application for Truck Driving Jobs constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any content provided by you. We have the right to remove any materials or Content on our Website in our sole discretion. The views expressed by others on our Website, including those of third party materials and content posted on our Website, do not necessarily reflect or represent our views or values.
As we said above, we respect the intellectual property rights of others, and prohibit our users from using our Services in a way that violates those rights. Additionally, we respect copyright law. Under the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) copyright owners can file a complaint where they believe materials infringe on their copyright. If you believe that materials on the Services infringe on your copyright, please provide notice to our designated agent at:
Information, or your consent choices, you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any DMCA notice filed with our designated agent must contain the following:
- Information identifying the copyrighted work that is claimed to have been infringed, such as the copyrighted work’s title, author, URL, or other information.
- Sufficient information allowing us to identify and locate the allegedly infringing material.
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email address, so that we may contact you.
- A personal statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use of allegedly infringing material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notification if accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
We recommend that you speak to a legal advisor before filing a DMCA notice with our designated agent to assess your rights.
Email, Data Charges & Mobile Phones
Certain aspects of our Services are designed to work with and be used on mobile phones and devices. You are responsible for any text-messaging, data charges, and other fees and charges that you may incur from your mobile service provider by using our Services. Please talk to your mobile service provider before using our Services if you have questions about possible charges you may incur by using our Services.
By using the Services, you agree that we may communicate with you by electronic means, such as through email, text message, or other means. Please update your account if you change your email address or phone number to ensure that we do not send messages meant for you to others.
Third Party Services and Links
We may provide links to third party websites that may be of interest to you.
Restriction, Modification, & Termination
We reserve the right to change, modify, terminate, or otherwise alter these Terms at any time at our sole discretion and without notice. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon posting of the updated Terms. You must review these Terms on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes.
We may also, in our sole discretion, terminate or restrict your use or access to our Website, for any reason.
We do not warrant that the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. There may be delays, errors, defects, omissions, interruptions and inaccuracies in the information or other materials available on or through the Services.
Limitation of Liability
In those jurisdictions which prohibit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, any such liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any content provided by you, another user, or third party through our services.
Preventing Unlawful activity
When requested, we will cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity.
Responding to Lawful Disclosure Requests
We may also be required to disclose your information in response to a lawful and enforceable request by law enforcement, judicial, or other public authorities, or in connection with an enforceable legal obligation. In such instances, we will disclose your Personal Information upon receipt of an enforceable court order, subpoena, or other lawful process, or where otherwise required by law.
If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, that provision will be severed from these Terms, and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms.
Please note that these Terms, along with any other documents incorporated by reference, make up the entire agreement between you and drive18wheeler.com.
If you have any questions regarding these Terms or our practices, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Effective Date: 1/1/2020